Monday 26 November 2007

NOT QUITE CHRISTMAS, BUT HEY, I'M GETTIN IN THE MOOD











Hi there, managed to find a window of opportunity to do a quick blog. Is it me, or is everyone finding time just seems to evaporate? Anyway, the weekend was cold and we enjoyed some family time, mainly infront of the fire but hey, thats good enough for me!!
I spent some time sorting Poppy's room out, no mean feat I can tell you. on doing so I came across the dragonfly lights I'd temporarily put up there a year ago eeek! and thought they would look nice on the mirror in the front room, this being too early ( or so I've been told ) for the
Christmas lights, I thought they would temporarily feed my need, crafty heh?
Poppy insited on having her photo taken like my dolls on the little yellow chair. This is for Michele at cowboys and custard, I thought you would appreciate her cowboy skirt, it's a favourite.
I thought I would post some pics of the 'Rufus' cats I've been working on. Again, I use vintage materials and paint and stitch the faces.






This is Rufus Rhinehorn, the inspiration for the cloth cats. He is Abyssinian, and has the classic looks of one, that being the long years and long wirery body. He is the happiest cat I have ever met and feels the love wherever he goes. He is truly one of a kind. Mama loves him.
Time to go now and collect Poppy, hope everyone is having a great day. Thank you all so much for the lovely comments about my dolls. I shall pay you all a visit as soon as time allows.
P.S. my pics are all over the place, some have vanished all together??! so apologies if it posts a complete mess.

3 comments:

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

What a delightful collection of photos Annie..
Your daughter looks so adorable and yes I DO love that cowboys skirt.. oh to be younger!
Your pussy cats are very handsome, furry and fabric..
don't tell Pickles though..he gets quite jealous!
Have a lovely crafty week
Michelexx

Mary said...

Love the cat mine does that!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photographs in this post, your cloth cats are (almost) as lovely as your real pudkins your really are a very talented lady.